[Seaside] Seaside for large, high-traffic sites.

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 03:54:27 UTC 2009

Hi Joseph,

> case, I am guessing they can't save the image), or must each have its own? Next,
> persistence: I need a robust alternative. It need not be a pure object database,
> just something with decent performance that can scale; a mature Squeak interface

Benchmarks for a Magma application client in various network
configurations can be found here:

    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5606

Scaling with Seaside using Magma as a back-end is achieved via the
manner you described, multiple db-sessions per image * multiple images
hosting one application.  Read scale is added or subtracted
dynamically by merely starting or stopping additional server images
anywhere on the network.  Since each server image hosts its own copy
of the repository (all synchronized in nearly real-time)
highly-available 24x7 operation is enjoyed as well.

Write scale is increased by linking multiple, multi-server,
repositories, although not in as dynamic a manner as read-scale can be
adjusted..

 - Chris