[Seaside] Re: Seaside for large, high-traffic sites.

UZONYI Levente leves at elte.hu
Tue Sep 15 23:03:50 UTC 2009

Hi!

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Yanni Chiu wrote:

> UZONYI Levente wrote:
>> ...  (we also have a partial implementation of the
>> v3 protocol which we are about to test in another project).
>
> What is the motivation to support the v3 protocol? Speed? Compatibility?
> Did you choose to build from scratch or just tweak the V2 code?

Our main motivation is speed. We started tweaking the v2 code (as you can
see in the repository) but realized that we can achieve more with a
different design. So we decided to write the code from scratch and it was
obvious to use the v3 specification. Our current v3 implementation doesn't
give more features than the v2, we only implemented the simple query
protocol. The only functional advantage we have in v3 is that we know the
transaction status of a connection, which comes handy with our connection
pool.

Cheers,
Levente