[Seaside] Seaside scalability?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 05:50:36 UTC 2009

2009/9/17 John Chludzinski <john.chludzinski at gmail.com>:
> Does anyone have a measure of the scalability of Seaside?  What are some of
> the larger projects (web sites) hosted by Seaside?  The powers-that-be (here
> at work) are questioning this.  They are still uncomfortable using something
> "exotic", i.e. Smalltalk as opposed to Java.   ---John

Are you sure they meant scalability and not something else like
perfomance? Pretty much anything that doesn't need session replication
for failover recovery scales more or less linearly. I doubt that's the
information they are looking for.

If you need session replication GemStone is the only Smalltalk dialect
that will do. And take that 350 req/s with a grain of salt, that
requires hacks into Seaside and your code that are by no means
standard.

Cheers
Philippe