[Seaside] Seaside scalability?

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Fri Sep 18 16:34:09 UTC 2009

Philippe,

You are right that the 350 request/second benchmark was done with custom seaside and application mods.

This post (http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2007/10/19/scaling-seaside-with-gemstones/) provides information on benchmark runs of up to 230 requests/second on a 4 core machine with no custom mods to seaside or the application.

Still benchmarks are benchmarks.

The benchmarks do demonstrate the feasibility of taking a Seaside application that was developed to run in a single Squeak/Pharo image and deploying it (unmodified) in a system with multiple GemStone vms running across multiple cores (leveraging shared session state across vms).

Dale