[Seaside] Multiplexing on Host: header?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 15:17:31 UTC 2009

2009/9/19, Gerardo Richarte <gera at corest.com>:
> Hi!
>
>     I'm interested in serving several Seaside applications from a single
> Smalltalk, each of them with its own domain name and virtual host. I'd
> like each of them to be installed in the root of its own domain (so as
> http://www.app1.com/ directly goes to one app, and http://www.app2.com
> goes to another)
>
> My question is:
>
>     Is there a way to multiplex what application Seaside answers using
> the Host: header option, instead of the path? I mean, I know how to make
>
> http://www.app.com/app1 serve application 1 and
> http://www.app.com/app2 serve application 2,
> but I like better
>
> http://www.app1.com/ and http://www.app2.com/
>
>     thanks!!!
>     richie
>
> PS: This is using fastcgi as in GLASS, and I'd really prefer to not have
> some rewrite or redirect rules, I want the URLs to be as clean as
> possible and unrelated as much as possible

This isn't supported out of the box but here's a sketch how you can
implement it:
- make a new kind of WADispatcher (not sure whether a subclass makes
sense) that dispatches based on the host name, make this the default
dispatcher
- add a dispatcher for each virtual host to this dispatcher

Cheers
Philippe