[Seaside] Detect the position of a page div

Robert Sirois watchlala at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:31:17 UTC 2009

I see how it works now. The js functions are captured in the callbacks, and the callbacks are triggered when an event takes place (in this case #onDrag:). Here is my updated code:

    html div
        id: 'areaView';
        script: ((html jQuery new draggable) grid: #(150 150); onDrag: (

                html jQuery ajax
                    callback: [:value | self top: value] value: (html jQuery this offset access: 'top');
                    callback: [:value | self left: value] value: (html jQuery this offset access: 'left')

            )
        );
        with: ["..."].

One thing I just realized is that #onDrag: is trigged as long as the dealy bob (html element) is bein dragged, but not at a regular consistency. Even with the grid function, it still can't keep up with what I'm doin on the page. I havn't tried it yet, but I was thinking maybe I could use scrollspeed or something to fix this little problem... or maybe it doesn't matter. I suppose it's updating the offset correctly, so if it skips a few movements, the smoothness of what I'm doing with this data will just be a little... well, less smooth.

Anyway, I had a question about the primary/secondary callbacks again:

Lukas:
"
You can only register one primary callback for an ajax object, e.g.

  html jQuery ajax callback: [ ... ]; callback: [ ... ]  " <-- wrong "

does not make sense, because Seaside returns a response after
processing the primary callback. However you can register as many
secondary callbacks as you want, e.g. to serialize values to the
server:

  html jQuery ajax " <-- correct "
     callback: [ :v1 | "this is a secondary callback" ] value: ....;
     callback: [ :v2 | "this is a secondary callback" ] value: ....;
     html: [ :h | "this is a primary callback that generates html,
internally it calls #callback:" ];

Note that the primary callback is always evaluated last, whereas the
secondary callback are evaluated before in order they were defined.
"

So if I am passing a value to the callback it is considered a secondary callback because it doesn't have to
go and find values or something? Sorry, would you mind explaining it again?

Thanks!
RS