[Seaside] POST questions

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 19:13:36 UTC 2010

2010/4/6 John McKeon <p3anoman at gmail.com>:
> I have an application that uses a custom IE plugin (VisualWorks). On the
> page with the plugin, I render a form  with hidden inputs each having a
> callback action that gets performed by the plugin. I feed the callback
> parameters to the plugin in its params and it uses these to send a POST back
> to the server with the necessary data and _s and _k parameters.
> The callbacks get called correctly but I cannot figure out what I need to do
> in the callback methods to get the component to re-render. Is there a way to
> do this? The browser status bar indicates that the "POST was redirected by
> the server". Trying to use call: or inform: does nothing. This is a 2.8
> application.

You shouldn't really have to do anything. Seaside should send a
response with an empty body that contains the URL of the rendered
result in a Location header. The browser should then issue a GET
request to this page.

The communication should look something like this:

Browser: POST
Seaside: -> see render page (302)
Browser: GET
Seaside: rendered page