[Seaside] CSS style not applied until reload

Mortensen Sigrid E. sigrid at selfhelpsoftware.com
Mon Apr 12 22:50:59 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Any idea why a style would not be applied to a component until the page is reloaded?

When I first click on an anchor that shows the component, the style is not applied.  If I click the reload button on the browser, the style shows up.  It was impossible to figure out what was going on by toggling halos, because that reloads the page, but I can see it clearly in Firebug.  When the component is first rendered, firebug shows no style directly associated with that component (it only shows a style inherited from the containing div), but if I reload the page, it's there.

This is on a div that's buried deep within another div, in a form, in a div, etc., in td in a tr of a tbody, etc.

I am using #style methods, which I realize is no longer the recommended procedure, but it has always worked up until now.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
-- Sigrid.