[Seaside] CSS style not applied until reload

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Tue Apr 13 23:04:47 UTC 2010

> I hope there's another solution, other than external style sheets, because as I peruse my 44 #style methods in my package, I rediscover that I need to dynamically calculate some widths and heights, so in some cases I need to implement styles based on individual instances.
>
> Do people ever combine external style sheets and #style methods?

I realize the down-side of not having external style sheets, but having
*everything* in the Smalltalk environment sure is a hard-to-resist and
very sweet siren song of convenience.  Putting everything in the image
gives you refactoring ability, plus a whole bunch more.

But it also means having *no* external style sheets-- instead leaving
you with having *all* of your style info inside the Smalltalk image.

And, it's a siren song I find myself succumbing to more and more.  So,
yes, some people do in fact combine external style sheets and #style
methods. :-)

And, yes, doing so does have a down-side.

Nevin