Serving static files from Comanche Re: [Seaside] listen on a single ip

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Tue Apr 20 11:26:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> Not sure... I guess we either put the instVar on the abstract ServerAdaptor
> and ignore it on subclasses that don't support it or you just implement it
> on the Swazoo adaptor and we pull it up whenever we're ready to implement it
> elsewhere. I don't think it matters too much, so just do what's easiest. If
> the ListenerAdaptor is using HTTP internals direectly enough that it's easy,
> that would be a good reason to pull it up

I'll look into the listener adaptor in the next couple days.

.

> If you feel like chasing up Göran/Giovanni to see about extending Comanche
> to support it, though, that would be awesome!

Will look into that as well.

> And, yes, it would be nice to have support for it in the control panel if
> you don't mind. Just default to 0.0.0.0 on creation and add a command to
> change it I guess?

Swazoo seems to do '*' as the default. I'll see how it responds to 0.0.0.0.

I've never done anything GUI related with pharo etc so, once I do it,
I'll be sending you the code to make sure I didn't do anything non portable.