[Seaside] GS with VW Seaside 3.0

Bob N. bobn at rogers.com
Wed Apr 21 00:18:21 UTC 2010

(also posted on GS and VW forums)

Is anyone running a VW 7.7 image with Seaside 3.0 and GemBuilder 7.3?

The Object method...

noModificationErrorFor: selector index: index value: value
^(NoModificationError receiver: self selector: selector index: index value:
value) raiseRequest

...is changed to...

noModificationErrorFor: selector index: index value: value
^WriteBarriers.Tracker modified: self selector: selector index: index value:
value

...which raises a Core.NoModificationError when logging in.

If I revert the method, I get an exception...

'GBS Error - Client forwarder send
(#clientPerformOn:selector:withArguments:) to unknown client object'

We've just started to look into this; don't want to get too deep if it's a
known issue (with, hopefully, a simple fix).

Thanks,
Bob Nemec
Cherniak Software