Serving static files from Comanche Re: [Seaside] listen on a single ip

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 07:47:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Sean Allen <sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Philippe Marschall
> <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2010/4/20 Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com>:
> >> Hi Sean,
> >>
> >> Not sure... I guess we either put the instVar on the abstract
> ServerAdaptor
> >> and ignore it on subclasses that don't support it or you just implement
> it
> >> on the Swazoo adaptor and we pull it up whenever we're ready to
> implement it
> >> elsewhere. I don't think it matters too much, so just do what's easiest.
> If
> >> the ListenerAdaptor is using HTTP internals direectly enough that it's
> easy,
> >> that would be a good reason to pull it up.
> >>
> >> If you feel like chasing up Göran/Giovanni to see about extending
> Comanche
> >> to support it, though, that would be awesome!
> >>
> >> And, yes, it would be nice to have support for it in the control panel
> if
> >> you don't mind. Just default to 0.0.0.0 on creation and add a command to
> >> change it I guess?
> >
> > I'd probably put a String (preferably '0.0.0.0' and not '*') in the
> > server adapter and do all the conversion and adaptation there. If the
> > adapter doesn't support it then just do nothing. It would be nice if
> > the status string would reflect the interface the server is listening
> > on.
> >

> I was going to make that status string change.
>
> So the consensus is to use '0.0.0.0' to represent all interfaces?

That is the standard way to represent all interfaces (at least in the *nix
world).

And #listenOn:backlogSize:interface: happily accepts it. Does Swazoo not
work with that value... I actually thought I tested it at one point. But in
any case, if we're storing a string, yes, I think we should us '0.0.0.0'.
Swazoo can either be fixed if it doesn't work with that or its adaptor can
convert to '*'.

Julian