[Seaside] Multiple WADispatchers for the same applications?

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:04:06 UTC 2010

What you're doing is perfectly logical. What is broken, frankly, is the
stupid way we register applications in #initialize methods. It's been a
pet-peeve of mine for a while but never seems to be critical enough to fix.

I'd like to have some kind of class that you could define to describe
applications you want to set up (default path, root class, etc) and the UI
could then allow you to select a target dispatcher and load some or all of
the applications into it. A first step might be to get rid of all the
#initialize methods on Components, re-implement them as #registerIn: or
something and then call those methods on each component from WAAdmin or
similar.

Julian