[Seaside] #answer from within a jQuery

John Toohey jt at parspro.com
Fri Apr 30 16:43:49 UTC 2010

I have a login dialog (jQuery Dialog) is a component that is called
from my root task. Its Login button has an onClick handler like this
:-
onClick: (html jQuery ajax  script: [ :s | self validateLogin:  s])

During the #validateLogin, the id/password etc are checked, and if
there is a problem, then the script is filled with jQuery calls to
highlight fields and display a message. This works as expected,
however, if all the tests pass, then the #validateLogin replies with
an #answer call. This sends control to my root task, which then
#call's the main page component.

At this point, Seaside throws an IllegalStateException from #isCommitted.

If I use a regular callback, then the #answer/#call works, but in that
case I don't have a script to send back to the browser, in error
situations.

Is the problem because the Ajax handler is terminated by the #answer call?

--
-JT