[Seaside] Re: How do I update Pharo 1.0 to Seaside 3.0?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 22:24:23 UTC 2010

> Hi Mariano
>
> Thanks very much for the instructions. That has now worked correctly.  In
> case this is helpful for future users, my confusion came from:
>

>    1. The ConfigurationOfSeaside option didn't appear in the Installing
>    External Projects page in the same way as for e.g. AidaWeb etc.  I assumed
>    that this meant that the Config was already loaded - which it isn't.  So, I
>    spent a few minutes looking for the classes, and then went back to the
>    instructions.  Now, I would be the first to admit that I should have read
>    the green text more carefully, and gone to Squeaksource to download the
>    metacello configurations, it was just that my eyes were caught by the
>    AidaWeb stuff.
>    2. Having not found the package, I modified the AidaWeb gofer command,
>    and downloaded ConfigurationOfSeaside.  What I didn't realise was that there
>    was a separate ConfigurationOfSeaside30 metacello package.
>    3. I looked for class comments on the ConfigurationOfSeaside class, but
>    didn't find any. So, I tried running ConfigurationOfSeaside >> load (which
>    looked hopeful).  And, that was when I got Attribute not found errors.
>
> In summary, I think all the correct information is there, but I didn't
> notice it.  So, perhaps it would be better to include the gofer command for
> Seaside30 in the list (and maybe also include it for earlier versions of
> Seaside, if that makes sense).

Thanks Andy for the feedback. I did some changes. Can you upload trough
Monticello to this version:

Name: ImageForDevelopers-pharo-MarianoMartinezPeck.224
Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
Time: 1 May 2010, 12:22:54 am
UUID: 22b9d202-8302-4737-9695-91913d188167
Ancestors: ImageForDevelopers-pharo-MarianoMartinezPeck.223

Clearer documentation about installing Seaside

THen, evaluate "DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace"

And tell me if this is better or how to improve it ?

Thanks

Mariano