[Seaside] really simple JQuery slider/widget example without the support of the test classes?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Wed Aug 4 05:30:12 UTC 2010

can anyone point to me a REALLY simple transitional example on how to
implement a JQuery slider? Something along the lines of the webcoiunter
example in the seaside book that holds my hand the entire way?

something like http://demo.seaside.st/javascript/jquery-ui/sliderwidget
with the detail of http://www.seaside.st/about/examples/counter
[
  I can't figure out how to apply the
JQSliderFunctionalTest>>renderContentOn:  method to something that
doesn't have the infrastructure of the test class hierarchy  behind it.

MyTestSlider>>renderContentOn: html
    html div script: (html jQuery new slider
       value: current;
       onChange: (html jQuery ajax
          callback: [ :value | current := value asNumber ]
          value: (html jQuery this slider getValue)))

doesn't work as I haven't a clue what extra methods are required to
implement the functionality of the example and I can't wrap my head
about the multiple layers of the hierarchy to figure out how the
different widgets are plugged into the sample page...

Thanks.

Lawson