[Seaside] How to best detect browser for audio tag differences

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Wed Aug 4 09:54:37 UTC 2010

Hi Tim,

You might also want to check out the Modernizr javascript library: http://www.modernizr.com/
In particular, the section on html5 audio formats: http://www.modernizr.com/docs/#audioformats

Modernizr detects the abilities of your browser w.r.t. html5.
However, instead of dispatching on the userAgent property of the request, you will need to transport the result value of a javascript expression back to the server so you can dispatch on it. For an ajax callback, that is not a problem, but I'm unsure what the best strategy would be for handling that in a full page request.