[Seaside] How do I get the base URL? I want to send out an email with a link

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Wed Aug 4 20:32:55 UTC 2010

if what you need is the 'Host' header from the request,

check out the host method on the request ( WARequest )

but that probably isnt what you want in your case. you could have a
problem because seaside doesnt assume that applications are on the
same host. you could have multiple hosts that point to the same
application or you could be proxying certain hosts to certain
applications etc.

i worked on an application where we did many hosts all using the same
application but with different content so we could just use the Host
header to verify that the host we were serving content for matched the
host header.