[Seaside] Re: [squeak-dev] Using SqueakSSL with Seaside

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Aug 7 14:23:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 10:43:51PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Hi -
>
> For those folks interesting in using SSL with Seaside directly instead
> of either stunneling or using mod_ssl, I've posted a quick tutorial for
> using SqueakSSL and Seaside:
>
> http://squeakingalong.wordpress.com/2010/08/07/using-squeakssl-with-seaside/

Andreas,

Thanks, this is very clear and well written. You should consider doing
a book some time when you run out of other things to keep you busy ;)

<OT>
In my day job, I deal with IT people ("Information Technology", the
current buzzword), and occasionally hear the assertion that "developers
don't like to document things". This seems to be a widely held belief,
as the statement usually goes unchallenged.

There are exceptions to every rule, but my experience with Squeak
leads to the opposite conclusion. The best and most talented developers
tend to be good writers, who enjoy and take pride in communicating
their ideas clearly. Good writing seems to correlate with clear
thinking and good software.

In a commercial (I hesitate to say "professional") environment,
I assume that someone who cannot or will not document their work
is likely to be doing shoddy work. This is occasionally unfair,
but usually not.
</OT>

Dave