[Seaside] Re: Differences in calling render: from ajax?

TimM tamackinnon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 12:12:11 UTC 2010

TimM wrote:

> Haven't checked yet but I have a hunch, the base URL I am copying across
> to the new context has k,s params that wouldn't be right... So maybe I
> need a lesser base URL (or need to do it differently?)

Digging a bit more (and with some prompting from Nick) - I notice that
the CTPusher has the following comment in its renderContext:

renderContext
	"Answer a fake rendering context for this pusher."

	^ WARenderContext new
		document: (WAHtmlDocument on: (WriteStream on: String new));
		actionUrl: WAUrl new;
		yourself

So maybe I am right - the comet pusher's context is too fake - if you
want to render components with callbacks on it.

So how to unfakify? And is my attempt at setting the actionUrl: the
right approach (althought I don't seem to have the right incantation yet).

Tim