[Seaside] Re: Differences in calling render: from ajax?

TimM tamackinnon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 11:47:08 UTC 2010

TimM wrote:

> I will study the CTChat app though - it has callbacks, but I'm not sure
> if those get re-rendered or if its just rendering messages (e.g. just text)

I did a bit more googling and noticed some advice from Lukas (although
its Apr 22/2009):

"I cannot quite follow the real cause of the problem, but there is
definitely an issue here. You push out some JQuery code that contains
callbacks, these callbacks however refer to the session that created
the event.

This is a general problem of Comet and could probably be solved by
generating different scripts for the different sessions, however there
is no mechanism right now that helps you with that. The way I used it
was to simply send a method call to the client to trigger a refresh."

So it would seem that I can't rely on rendering callbacks with Comet -
and should just push a page reload?

Tim