[Seaside] Re: Component lifecycle and how to use announcement on a model

TimM tamackinnon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:38:54 UTC 2010

Sean Allen wrote:

> I haven't used announcements so I can't answer your question, but I
> remember Dave Woodward did blog about about that no so long ago,
> he might be able to help. He is on twitter as futuremint. I can't find
> the blog post though. Maybe I imagined it, but I don't think so.

Thanks - Nick pointed me to Ramon's post as well - although in his case
he was using sessions (although it shouldn't make a difference).

I resorted to lazily initializing my announcer and model - but it did
seem that by using ajax and comet - my root component was being created
more times than I expected (Ramon seemed to hint that he creates them
one time only?).

More reading to do I guess (or maybe I can grab some beer time with
someone at Esug - I'll get there eventually).

tim