[Seaside] Server Identification in Session Keys

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:24:27 UTC 2010

2010/8/18 Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at beta9.be>:

> On 18 Aug 2010, at 07:20, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>
>> Seaside-Cluster [1] does this. You need to replace WAApplication with
>> WAClusteredApplication and then configure the route on the
>> application.
>>
>> The easiest way to do this is using:
>>
>> WAAdmin makeAllClusteredWith: yourRoute
>>
>> [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/ajp.html
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe
>
> Incredible, Philippe: this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
> Is this still compatible with Seaside 3.0 ?

I hope so. I wrote it for an older version of Seaside 3.0. Please
report any problems.

> It is not a lot of code, I think/hope I can figure it out myself.
> Any chance of an article/bog post/email thread elaborating on this ?

I'll see what I can do.

> From the other packages in that repository I can see that you implemented several ways of tackling the same problem.

No, there are three different issues solved by each package:
- Seaside-Cluster adds the jvmRoute to the session id to make
mod_proxy_balancer work Seaside. It's fairly simple and should
actually work.
- AJP is an AJP protocol implementation to make mod_proxy_ajp [1] work
with Seaside. This is alternative protocol to HTTP/FastCGI/SCGI to
connect Seaside to a frontend server. It seems to work but needs more
testing before putting into production.
- ModCluster is a mod_cluster [2] client implementation. Right now it
can only listen to Apache broadcasts and cannot yet register itself to
Apache.

 [1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html
 [2] http://jboss.org/mod_cluster

Cheers