[Seaside] Re: Comet timeouts with 403 forbidden

TimM tamackinnon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 11:42:36 UTC 2010

Lukas Renggli wrote:

> You can find some pointers in JQAllFunctionalTest>>#renderTimeoutOn:

Hey thanks - I found the bit of code, however I can't seem to get it to
work with comet?

As a test, I added the following to my renderOn: method -

	html document
		addLoadScript: (html jQuery ajax
			callback: [ Transcript cr; show: 'keep the session active' ];
			interval: 10 seconds).

If I disable comet, I get a message every 10 seonds, with comet - I get
nothing?

Thinking about it - should comet keep the session open anyway? But then
why after a little while does my app stop working - and I see 403
forbidden messages in firebug...

Its all a bit strange (its worth saying that this is on a mac, running
locally with Kom - does that have some bearing)?

Again - tips appreciated.

Tim