[Seaside] Re: Comet timeouts with 403 forbidden

TimM tamackinnon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 07:44:24 UTC 2010

Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I just notify the session with every push action. That should avoid
> the session to timeout as long as the comet connection is open.

So easy when you know how... thanks!

In my testing this morning (that is - leaving my little example running
for 15 minutes and then coming back and trying to do an operation) - it
works perfectly!

Out of curiosity - the other suggestion of tying to do a timed update
every minute - does that not work because JavaScript is single threaded,
and so is busy waiting for the next Comet response (and so never
processes the other script?

Can I also check that your comment from last year about the Comet pusher
not being capable of rendering callbacks - still holds (I get the gist
of it - who holds the callbacks as you are rendering a page fragment)? I
got around this by usng jQuery to remove specific items (where I'm not
adding a callback) and sending a page reload for items where I need to
render a new callback.

Tim