[Seaside] Re: onkeypress Jquery

TimM tamackinnon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 05:50:38 UTC 2010

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis wrote:

> I want that when a specific key is pressed (like the escape key) , that
> an action is performed . Can someone give me the exact answer using Jquery.

If you look at the thread "JQuery Expressions" - Lukas wrote:

"I usually suggest to try to factor out more complicated functions to
an external Javascript file and just call them from Seaside. The code
generation is really not designed for arbitrary expressions, although
that would be an interesting project."

I suspect your answer might be to put this code in an external file and
then call it from Seaside.

That said - is your function to prevent non-numeric input? If so there
is aJQuery plugin for that - load up JQueryWidgetBox, I think it has
examples for what you might need (I haven't got to this bit yet myself -
but its on my hit list).

Tim