[Seaside] Re: Connection Closed failure - should something handle this?

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:44:16 UTC 2010

Hi Tim,

> Still - it would seem that by signalling this - it could happen, and
> something should catch it?
>
> Looking again, I see the following method in the stack:
>
> WAListenerAdaptor>>waitForConnection: aSocket
>        | socket stream |
>        socket := aSocket waitForAcceptFor: 10.
>        socket isNil ifTrue: [ ^ self ].
>        stream := SocketStream on: socket.
>        [ [ [ self process: stream ]
>                ensure: [ stream close ] ]
>                        ifCurtailed: [ socket destroy ] ]
>                                forkAt: Processor userBackgroundPriority
>

> Shouldn't that ifCurtailed: prevent this walkback?

It doesn't prevent the walkback, but makes sure that "socket destroy" is
called. Experiment with:

[Error signal] ifCurtailed: [Transcript show: 'Abandoned'; cr].
Transcript show: 'Proceeded'; cr

from the  excellent exception PBE draft chapter:
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26600/PBE2-Exceptions-2010-03-02.pdf

Nick