[Seaside] Seaside Access/Activity Logging

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Mon Aug 23 21:57:40 UTC 2010

Hi All,

In standard (non-heritic) web application frameworks, simple access logging is quite useful to find out how your app is used in the wild. The problem with Seaside is that most requests look pretty much the same and do not contain enough information for after the fact analysis (like http://localhost:8081/welcome?_s=0Sq2_xUpMPSWMOBg.R1&_k=DKeQJiyN2-ye2wCA doesn't say we're on the configuration page).

Has anyone already 'solved' this 'problem' with some clever hack ? Maybe some filter in the right place with some reflection magic ?

I guess manually inserting log statements (like augmenting the URL) would be one way...

Thx,

Sven