[Seaside] Internal/external order tracking system

Kai-Uwe Pielka webmail at pielka.de
Sat Dec 18 11:05:16 UTC 2010

Hello Sean,

you could run the whole scenario with just one Seaside image if the data volume is not too high.
There are several persistency options described in the seaside book. Personally I prefer to hold the data in the image as regular objects.
This makes developing the application pretty straight forward.

Then you build two web applications with Seaside:
1. One that only can be used by external users to check the status of their orders; you could generate a dedicated Url for each single order that directly leads to the corresponding record/object instance in your Seaside image
2. A second application that requires logon. This is used by the internal users to maintain the order status.

Maybe your order execution system even provides a webservice or other API to import the current order status automatically into your Seaside image.

Regards,
Kai-Uwe