[Seaside] Re: Internal/external order tracking system

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sat Dec 18 14:36:48 UTC 2010

Thank you both for the responses.

I guess my question is what is the best architecture for the system?  I see
three options:
* run the server externally and provide logins for employees (but what
happens when they lose their internet connection?)
* run the server internally and provide public access (I'm hesitant to do
this because I don't do much web stuff and don't understand the security
implications)
* keep two servers running and export the internal w/r system's data out to
the external server at regular intervals (this seems very complicated).  If
I did this, could it be done without a DB (e.g. with a reference stream)?

I've read all the docs and done the tutorials, and everything seems
straightforward once the direction is set.  And I'm curious if/how people
are setting up existing systems like this with Seaside.

Thanks.
Sean