[Seaside] Re: Internal/external order tracking system

Kai-Uwe Pielka webmail at pielka.de
Sat Dec 18 17:11:42 UTC 2010

From the security and reliability point of view it makes no difference whether to run it internally or externally.
In any case you have to give at least one party external access to the system.

I setup my webserver in the following way:
- ordered a virtual server at a hosting provider (strato.de in Germany)
- let the hoster install a Debian linux system
- installed Seaside on this Debian system
- installed Cherokee Webserver on the Debian system as reverse proxy; this is necessary to run your site on port 80 (http) or 443 (https)
- all the traffic receives port 80/443 on the Cherokee Webserver and is forwarded to Seaside

What you need in addition is a server certificate to run https - I guess you need secure login for your application, right?

Kai-Uwe