[Seaside] authentication for seaside

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Wed Dec 29 16:12:42 UTC 2010

Security is a trade of convenience.

Is not convenient to store your money in your bank (specially when the bank is borrowing it to other people without making you a partner of the dividends) but you do it to enhance the security of your patrimony (and even that sometimes fail).

So you have to analyze and take a stand on how you chose your trade off. The one that is best to make your business to achieve a market fit.

To give you an example, the largest bank around here is loosing hundreds of millions in phishing still they don't give the user the inconvenience of using some kind of hardware to plug just to use their online banking webapp because they know it will be such a mess in their market fit that it would make them to loose even more money (probably a huge lot more).

It's always a trade off. Not always an intuitive one or one that is all that good

Things can go wrong, so we have to do everything to make them 1. non-fatal and 2. fast-recovereable after that life will find out its way by itself