[Seaside] Seaside Json serialization for Dictionary, Collection does not recursive jsonOn: aStream ?

Bart Gauquie bart.gauquie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:34:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

I will create a bug for it and I'm more than happy to create fix it.
Can anyone please add me as a seaside developer on squeaksource.
(user=bkbag). Thanks.

On a related Json issue, I found that code I was writing for Json encoding
> my classes followed a similar pattern - I'd encode all the instance
> variables in a Dictionary. I extracted this code and made it generic as:
>
> Object>>jsonOn: aStream
> | attributes |
> attributes := Dictionary new.
>  self class instVarNames do:
> [ :ivarName |
> attributes
>  at: ivarName
> put: (self instVarNamed: ivarName) ].
> JSStream encodeDictionary: attributes on: aStream.
>
> I wonder if this would be sufficiently generally applicable to appear in
> the default distribution? Classes can always override the default for custom
> Json encoding.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Nick

I've also noticed this. There is no implementation of jsonOn: aStream on
Object class right now.
Your implementation seems like a sensible default thing to do.
Its actually highly related to
http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=449 (Generating JSON is
difficult) bug.

Kind Regards,

Bart

--
imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere -