[Seaside] Magritte

Tony Giaccone tgiaccone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:04:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> wrote:

> Yes, only coding and not strong concerns. In general using this should be
> safe. The new selector is meaningful on the class side but AFAIK not on the
> instance side of your objects. If you are calling new you need to have an
> implemented method new that easily leads to confusion when you read code.
>
> In your case and taking the examples from Richard your probably best off
> using the actionButtons approach.

Ok, so I think another lightbulb just went off in my head, and something I
had totally missed before is now flashing bright red.

Are you saying that when each of those buttons is pressed a method with that
selector is going to be called on the object being edited. IE pressing the
Save button is the same as sending [myObject save]?

Tony