[Seaside] JQGrid initial release

Bart Gauquie bart.gauquie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 13:37:45 UTC 2010

Dear JQuery fans,

I've just uploaded the first integration of jqGrid (docu:
http://www.trirand.com/jqgridwiki/doku.php  demo:
http://trirand.com/blog/jqgrid/jqgrid.html) in
http://www.squeaksource.com/JQueryWidgetBox.

Tested in Pharo-1.0-10508-rc2.

Also updated the metacello repository configuration.
However, there were some Javascript-Core / Javascript-Pharo-Core fixes
needed to make my plugin work.
Default the ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox loads for both the baseline and
the versions the '3.0.0-alpha5.5-baseline'; version of Seaside 3.0. In that,
these changes are not yet included; and also not in the latests
3.0.0-alpha5.8 alpha version.

Question: What is the procedure to create a new version of Seaside30 that
includes these new javascript core packages?

For now, to make the plugin work: just load the latest baseline packages of
Seaside using:
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project version:
'3.0.0-alpha5.7-baseline') load.

Integration work so far
- Viewing, formatting and sorting data using Json callback on server
- Toolbar search with automatic conversion of filtercriteria

The jqgrid plugin is huge, so still a lot more integration work to do.

Kind Regards,

Bart

--
imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere -