[Seaside] first app: in earnest..

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Fri Feb 19 06:33:37 UTC 2010

On 2/18/2010 10:30 PM, sergio_101 wrote:

>> Yea.
>
> great..
>
> have you used it for production work.. as in.. an app for a client
> with rock solid expectations and deadlines?
>
> thanks!

My employer's main product is written in Seaside 2.8, it pays all our
bills.  Yea I trust it, but I don't always keep up with the latest and
greatest.  It's been extremely stable, though deployment can be a little
complicated if you're balancing across multiple images/machines, but no
more so than any stateful session based framework.  Most of my pain has
been having to integrate with legacy back end systems and Microsoft web
service and databases.  I've had very few actual problems with Seaside
or Smalltalk itself, I can't even think of any off the top of my head.

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com