[Seaside] show active page after hitting isolated code

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:26:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:37 AM, radoslav hodnicak <rh at 4096.sk> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Julian Fitzell wrote:
>
>> You could subclass WAResponseGenerator and implement #pageExpired,
>> then specify that generator in your application's configuration.
>>
>> If that doesn't do what you want, you should create your own Filter.
>
> Well I've got that far too, but how do I know what's the "present"? In
> (very) old versions of seaside you got the message that your page expired
> and a 3 seconds refresh brought you back the the "present", i.e. a
> valid/unexpired page. I don't quite understand how to do that in 3.0

Well, that's exactly why people didn't like the behaviour. The user
could have multiple tabs or windows open on the same session. They may
have used the back button or opened an old URL but now closed that
window. What *is* the best URL to redirect to? At best, it's an
application-specific decision.

I think what we used to do is redirect to the most recently accessed
page, but what if that page is in a closed isolate block? Then you get
an infinite redirection...  If that's the behaviour you want, then the
information is kept in WALeastRecentlyUsedExpiryPolicy, though it's
not really made accessible to the outside currently.

If you think about what behaviour you actually *do* want, probably
someone can help you figure out how to get it...

Julian