[Seaside] WYSIWYG text editor

AxiNat tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 04:44:27 UTC 2010

I don't wanna be annoying, but I really can't find any specific info on
embedding fairly complex javascript apps in Seaside.

I've read the whole chapter in the Seaside book, and some post by Ramon Leon
(which points the way to go but doesn't get into the subject). I also
googled a lot, but can't seem to find a nice howto going step by step.

For what I understand (which is ~0), I'd have to:

   - Add the .js file to my file library (in the case of TinyMCE, there's a
   lot of js files, so here comes my first problem)
   - Create accessors in my file library for I really didn't understand what
   - Subclass a WAComponent that will implement a method called script,
   which returns the said js file
   - Obviously, something else that I'm totally missing
   - Embed this component into the component I wish (I have no problems with
   this step)

I guess I really didn't understand how the whole thing works. One big issue
is that I have no idea whatsoever about how Javascript works, but I'd really
love to be able to keep away from coding something that's not Smalltalk in
my web app.

Thank you and please excuse my dumbness ;)

Bernat.

2010/2/22 Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com>

> I think that the wiki of Tiny may help, in particular this page:
>
> http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Installation
>

> Cheers.
> Germán.
>

> 2010/2/22 AxiNat <tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com>
>
>> Thanks, I knew about TinyMCE because I used to build websites in Joomla,
>> which has a TinyMCE component, but I really have zero experience in
>> embedding Javascript in a Seaside app, any quick howto available around?
>>
>>  2010/2/22 Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com>
>>
>> I like to embed TinyMCE: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/ . Is a bit big,
>>> but pretty complete.
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>> Germán.

>>> for my
>>> just

>>> in
>>> Korean

>> --
>>
>> Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html> - "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I spend."

Jonathan Swift<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html>
- "May you live every day of your life."