[Seaside] workflow for development..

sergio_101 sergiolist at village-buzz.com
Tue Feb 23 05:28:54 UTC 2010

currently, my workflow for a project in development goes something like this..

developers work on the app / design in their editors on development
versions of the app.. running on their machines..

as changes are made, they commit their changes to the repository..

they then deploy them via capistrano to the live server..

the server restarts with the new changes..

this continues until the project is deployed for real..

once this happens.. work is pretty much the same, with each person
running a database of their own for testing and the production
database doing its thing..

my question is.. will we be working the same way with seaside?

when you make changes and upload everything via monticello, can you
just attach to your production image and have it pull all new changes?

how are conflicts settled?

is the live data subject to any weirdness?

ie.. if we have a 'person' class, and we add 'address2' to the person
class.. are the previous 'person'-s still okay?

thanks!

--

----
peace,