[Seaside] MooTools or jQuery - which is better?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:13:52 UTC 2010

This is of course a very personal question and a lot of people have
strong opinions on this or that framework. Also if you search a bit
the web you find exhaustive blog posts comparing different Javascript

Personally I think MooTools and PrototypeJS are on a dead end.
Extending the core DOM classes with custom methods is not state of the
art anymore. I would avoid it.

Google Trends can probably give a good and unbiased answer on the
future of these framework:

> - MooTools components can be combined with jQuery components?

jQuery has various compatibility modes that make it work with other
libraries. Again, I would avoid it, except for legacy reasons.