[Seaside] Tasks and reusing components

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Sun Feb 28 19:35:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=553

It's tricky, isn't it. In previous versions of seaside, the transaction
filter was implemented as a decoration on components, but it doesn't seem
like decorations now get a chance to poke at callbacks anymore?

Speaking of which, is there a seaside3 architecture big picture document
available somewhere? I can't quite wrap my head around all these
configurable/pluggable/inheritable/whatever bits that come together to
make everything work. The number of seaside classes has roughly doubled
bettween 2.5 and 3.0 (not counting tests and javascript libraries), which
isn't a bad thing per se, but it does make it harder to study the code.

rado