[Seaside] Mac VM 5.2b1 ships

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Jan 3 06:00:45 UTC 2010

I've push the latest cocoa based 32/64bit macintel/powerpc VM to the folder experimental/64bits in the regular places found via http://smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

Look for the

Squeak 64/32 5.2b1.app

This *beta* VM runs in 32 or 64 bit mode on macIntel, and 32bit mode on powerpc to support Squeak 32bit images.

I've updated the app so that the extended clipboard support is built in so that you can do cut/copy/paste in the latest Pharo image.
At the moment the only supported plugin is the FreeType2 (32/64bit mode) and is also included, I hope to rebuild the mac menu logic in a few weeks/days.

It is possible the VM will support other plugins, but only if you run it in 32bit mode via get info.

As a reminder I do need more people to use it as their development platform so we can work out any bugs.

I'll look at building a 64bit vm/ 64bit images if there is interest...

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882