[Seaside] Mac VM 5.2b3 & iPhone VM 2.1.0 ships

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Jan 6 02:35:33 UTC 2010

I've push the latest cocoa based 32/64bit macintel/powerpc VM

Various users pointed out that option-arrow key did not work.  Oddly I had marked moveWordForward/Back/etc as being required but couldn't figure out what the magic keystrokes were.
5.2b3 fixes the problem.

Look for the  folder experimental/64bits in the regular places found via http://smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html
or
ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/experimental/64bit/32bitImage*64bitVM/

file name:
Squeak 64-32 5.2b3.app.zip

This *beta* VM runs in 32 or 64 bit mode on macIntel, and 32bit mode on powerpc to support Squeak 32bit images.
Requires  os-x 10.5 or higher.

iPhone VM 2.1.0

The iPhone VM now uses the pharo1.0-10502-rc1dev09.12.2.image
The image feels faster, likely due to the ongoing Pharo optimization work.

I note I can no longer build custom VM's for people's iPhones since I've exceeded the number of devices I can dedicate to
iPhone development. People who have not use the iPhone VM in the past will need another developer to build a VM for them,
or will need to purchase Apple's iPhone SDK.

For the moment source for both VMs can be found at http://isqueak.org

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882