[Seaside] Re: #deploymentMode WAAttributeNotFound

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 05:21:58 UTC 2010

Yes, it's meaning was unclear and it was thus removed. The best way to
deploy is to build an image without the Development (and presumably the
tests, and maybe even the admin tools) packages loaded in the first place.
That will ensure nothing "non-deployment" is there. Obviously, what other
steps you might need to do for your own deployment is up to you.

If you still want the dev tools loaded, then the closest thing to turning on
#deploymentMode (for all applications, though) is to remove
WADevelopmentConfiguration from the shared configuration called "Application
Defaults". You can do this from the web UI or with:

WAAdmin applicationDefaults removeParent: WADevelopmentConfiguration

And of course you can add that configuration to any of your applications
instead of to "Application Defaults" if you want development tools for some
apps but not for others.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Joel Turnbull <joel.turnbull at ardishealth.com