[Seaside] Re: Where's the Squeak one-click experience?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Jan 10 17:34:25 UTC 2010

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> The Squeak Smalltalk link now points to:
>> http://www.squeak.org/
>
> I agree that this is not ideal.

It's no different from the links to GST or VAST.

> To me is not clear if the latest Seaside runs on Squeak at all?

Sure does. With Dale's latest fix you can just load the Metacello
config. Yesterday we also upgraded source.squeak.org using an older
version of Seaside on a current image and it works just as fine.

> And we don't have a name of somebody
> that is committed to maintaining the port and taking responsibility
> for this platform, so I will remove the link until this clears up ...

As I've said earlier, I'm on the Seaside-dev list specifically to hear
about issues that come up regarding Squeak. If that doesn't count as
commitment, please let me know what does. At this point Seaside is fully
functional and fully supported on Squeak.

Cheers,
   - Andreas