[Seaside] RE: Equivalent of unique keys in a persistent object model ?

recursive68 at gmail.com recursive68 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:39:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the replies and info. The unique id's are used to uniquely
identify categories, items and events in the system. The categories, items
and events are related so the unique id's are used as primary/foreign
keys. The categories,items and events get added to quite frequently so
using sequence generated id's seemed the best solution in that context.

A counter protected by a semaphore/mutex sounds like the sort of thing I was
thinking of although I was unsure how well that scales.

Thanks
Jon