[Seaside] Hello World Request

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 01:32:19 UTC 2010

Kirk,

The first thing to do is use a default Seaside, without changing any
of the config settings and get it showing up under Apache. This should
not require any configuration of Seaside (other than starting it on
some port), just the appropriate Proxy configuration or whatever of
Apache.

Once you can see some Seaside content through Apache, then you *might*
want to set the ServerPath and so on (you'll know you need to because
all the links will still be to localhost:8080). For example, if your
application is running at http://localhost:8080/seaside/myapp but the
external address via Apache is http://example.com/apps/myapp, then you
would want to set ServerPath for your application to /apps/myapp and
ServerHostname to example.com (you might also have to set the port and
protocol, I can't quite remember how that logic works when those
fields are empty).

Julian