[Seaside] How to combine serialize and a load.

Timothy James Ziebart timothy at churchmilitant.org
Sat Jan 30 09:03:48 UTC 2010

Hi all,

In the following code I am trying to accomplish two things.  Update the
contents of "model region" on the server using serializeThis and then
render a div on the page using load.  I cannot  get them to work
together.   The serializeThis or load with the onChange: message works
fine alone but when I try to combine them I don't get the behavior I am
expecting.  Any suggestions?  Note the page element being loaded is not
the same as the select.

     html select
             id: html nextId;
             list: (self session findCodeByParent: 'region' type: 'region');
             selected: model region;
             callback: [ :value | self regionSelectionChanged: value ];
             onChange: (html jQuery ajax  serializeThis);
                 onAjaxComplete: ((html jQuery id: 's_results' ) load
html: [: r | self renderResultsOn: r]).

Thank you.

Tim