[Seaside] Dragging out from a "overflow:auto" div

Alberto Bacchelli alberto.bacchelli at usi.ch
Wed Jun 2 08:58:51 UTC 2010

Hi all,

  I am using seaside 2.8. and I am trying to use
the drag and drop feature of scriptaculous.

It works perfectly, however, when I try to drag something from a div
that has "overflow:auto" enabled, the element disappears as soon as
it exits the div.

Here you have an example:
http://che.inf.usi.ch:3456/seaside/Questionnaire
Try to move a class from the package explorer to the box
under the first question. It will work, but the element
will not be visible during the movement outside the
package explorer div.

I didn't find any good solution to it.

I found this extension to the drag n drop library
[ http://iterativedesigns.com/2007/11/9/dragdropextra-js.html ],
but I am not able to make it work with seaside:
I load it correctly, but I don't know how to set the
superghosting parameter to true, as they say.
In addition, I am not completely sure that it would work
with the scriptaculous version integrated in seaside:
scriptaculous.js v1.7.1_beta3

Any help will be appreciated! :)

  Thank you,
    Alberto