[Seaside] getting to the state of the previous continuation

Johan Brichau Johan.Brichau at uclouvain.be
Tue Jun 8 14:41:59 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do some exotic stuff for which I need access to the state of the components in the continuation that precedes the currently rendering Seaside continuation.

So basically: I want to know if there is a way to get to the WASnapshot instance that captures the component states for the page that was previously rendered.
I'm currently looking at getting the _k parameter from the referer url in the request and using that to get the continuation from the continuations dictionary in the session. However, it seems a bit of a detour... so would there be a better way to do that?

I know, it's not something you normally want to do in a Seaside application.... I'm actually trying to implement a new renderphasecontinuation that needs this information from its precedessor...

Johan Brichau
johan.brichau at uclouvain.be